There’s support available 24 hours a day’
Do you need help now?
GET HELP- if in immediate danger, call 000.
If you need assistance, support or advice to work out what your options are, you can call –
- Warrina: (02) 6652400 (24/7)
- 1800 RESPECT: 1800 737 732 (24/7)
- DV Line: 1800 65 64 63 (24/7)
- Men’s Referral Service: 1300 766 491 (24/7)-crisis support for men who use violence
If you need to urgently leave you home due to domestic and family violence:
- Trust your instincts and reach out for help and support.
- Prepare and pack as much as you SAFELY can. We can help you access support to replace or recover things you need to leave behind.
- If you have a smart phone, turn off all location tracking apps in settings.
- For support on how do do this, call WESNET or visit their website.
- If you can, tell a trusted friend of family member that you need to leave
- Collect important photos and documents such as your birth certificates, passports and bank statements
- Change all your passwords to your banks, MyGov, emails and social media
- Pack things that will make your children feel safe- remember any special toys or favourite bottles or dummies
- If you have pets and are worried about their safety, bring them with you or take them to a safe place.
- Contact the RSPCA’s Safe Beds for Pets for more information
- If you are concerned your car has a tracking device, ask a mechanic to inspect it
Planning to leave?
If you are planning to leave…
- Reach out to Warrina for support on 66584000. We have a dedicated case worker who specialises in helping women leave violent relationships
- Call 1800 Respect for advice
- Locate important documents. if you cant safely take orginal documents. take copies and send to a friend or an email address that is not known to the perpatrator.
- Contact Service Australia and ask for a social worker. Enquire about what payments you might be eligible for
- If you have a supportive employer, talk to them about what is going on (if you feel comfortable). Some employers offer assistance to their staff when they are experiencing domestic and family violence.
- Talk to your bank about ways that they can help to protect you from financial abuse Talk to a trusted friend or family member
- Identify where you, your children and pets can go to be safe
- Talk to the police about what is happening for you. You can get support to do this from WDVAS
Safety at home
Staying safe at home If you are remaining in the home after the perptrator of domestic and family violence has left…
- Contact Warrina’s Staying Home, Leaving Violence program for support and security upgrades
- Contact the police or WDVCAS to see if there are options for AVO’s to keep the perptrator away from your home
- If you have a good relatonship with your neighbours, talk to them about what has happened and ask them to be alert for anything concerning or suspicious
- Consider installing security cameras, changing the locks or putting up spot lights
- If you are renting, talk to your property manager about how to get permission to di these things.
Need support in Court?
Going to court for an AVO or to give evidence after you are a victim of crime can feel overwhelming and scary. Please know you are not alone and we can support you.
WDVCASs provide information, advocacy and referrals to assist women and their children who are or have been experiencing domestic and family violence, with their legal, social and welfare needs.
Warrina provides a holistic response to domestic and family violence to support you to live free of violence and abuse. We deliver a range of programs and services to meet your needs.
Crisis support and case management for single women (and their children) who become homeless.
Supporting the physical and emotional safety of women to remain in their homes after violence through long term case management
Support and advocacy for women in the legal system (*CHECK THIS WITH CAS)
At times, you may need to access one or more Warrina services. If this is the case, we will ensure you have a coordinated approach to enable you to access all the support you require.