Warrina’s Services during COVID-19
Services we are providing
- If a woman (and her children) need emergency accommodation due to domestic and family violence, please contact the Women and Children’s Refuge on 66524000. Please note that the refuge may be full, and we may request that you call Link2Home on 1800 152 152 or the DV Line on 1800 65 64 63. This is as these services can provide temporary accommodation in these circumstances as well.
- If a woman is remaining in her home after the perpetrator of violence has been removed or left, please contact Staying Home, Leaving Violence on 66586693. This service provides case management and security upgrades.
- If a woman requires support to get an AVO, please phone WDVCAS on 66500302
- If a man is perpetrating violence and wants support to deescalate and develop strategies to stop their use of violence, please call Fixed Address on 0428611877. This program offers individual case management to men.
- Information on these services (and others) can be found on our website http://warrina.org.au
DFV services that people can access by phone or online
- In an emergency, contact 000.
- DV Crisis Line 1800 65 64 63 https://www.facs.nsw.gov.au/domestic-violence/helpline
- 1800 RESPECT https://www.1800respect.org.au
- Mensline 1300 78 99 78 https://mensline.org.au
- Men’s Referral Service 1300766 491 https://www.ntv.org.au
- Links2Home 1800 152 152 https://www.facs.nsw.gov.au/housing/help/ways/areyou-homeless
- BETTERMAN Online resource- this is an online service for men who use violence in their relationships https://www.betterman.org.au/sign-in/
- Warrina Domestic and Family Violence Specialist Services http://warrina.org.au